Silhouetted against the western sky in the middle distance is the small island of Bal-na-Gowan, dwelling of the smiths – where blacksmiths secretly made muskets during the 1745 rebellion.
The Duror and Kentallen community website has an excellent list of things to see and do locally.
- Holly Tree Hotel (2 miles away)
- Ballachulish Hotel (3 miles away)
- Dragon’s Tooth Club House (3 miles away), which also boasts a beautiful 18 tee, 9 hole golf course.
- Pier House Hotel (6 miles away)
- Lochleven Seafood Café (10 miles away)